June 16, 2010

What can I say about my two wonderful parents.
They are awesome!
Mom was diagnosed 3 1/2 years ago with lung cancer.
She has put up a great fight with Dad cheering her on all the way!
The Chemotherapy has worked miracles for her and we are blessed to have her still.
She was just recently diagnosed with brain cancer and
they now have another tough fight on their hands.
Mom just received two weeks of radiation and it has really taken its toll on her body.
I pray daily for her to have the strength to endure whatever comes her way.
I pray for the same for Dad.
They are incredible examples and I love them both dearly!

I can’t repay the lessons
That you taught when I was small.

Or give you gift for gift
The daily treasures I recall...

I can’t return encouragement
And loving words of praise.

In quite the way you did for me
Through all my childhood days.

But there is one gift that I can give,
It’s all the love you’ve earned.

For love is what you always taught...
And love is what I learned.


Ron and Marlene Herrick
my
Dad and Mom

1 comment: